Friday, December 9, 2011

Helping

Ouch!  It hurts when you fall off the band wagon.  My whole
"buy nothing for a quarter" was going so well.  I was showing so much restraint.  Really I was!  Then, I went to Vegas.  First I found this dress and it followed me home.



Then I went angry shopping and wound up with this one. 

Oops. 

I should feel worse, but I don’t.  Did you see the dresses?  Tragic though the date of purchase, I am delighted at their inclusion in my wardrobe.  I have nowhere to wear them until after Christmas, so I gave them to Husband to wrap and put under the tree.  I call my own shenanigans.  Total cheating. But honestly, the man needs help.

Husband has bought me things without help in the past.  It hasn’t gone well.  One of his first gifts to me was from his home state of Texas.  It was a mug.  That’s sort of sweet since I really like drinking coffee and all.  Did the mug say something sweet like “bestest wifey ever” or “Wuv Twoo Wuv”?  Nope.  It said, “Texas.  Where farting is a competitive sport”  Really?  Really.  I know!  He followed that up with a hemp and bird shit necklace he bought off a bum in Oak City.   Oh, and let's not forget the scale. 

Surprises may be over rated.

Failure may be highly underrated.

Maybe I will take the band wagon for a spin again…you know, after the January sales.  And, if I do try again, I’ll be mounting up in a smoking dress!  Merry Christmas to me!

2 comments: